If you like exploring San Francisco and enjoy Hitchcock films, you won’t want to miss this…
In partnership with Sōsh, Jones is hosting a three-part film series this summer. The rooftop bar at 620 Jones is the perfect venue for such an event. Even if you don’t plan on attending a summer screening, I highly recommend that you stop by Jones for a drink sometime. The outside terrace is 8,000 sq. ft. of awesome.
Last Thursday evening, I attended the viewing of Dial M for Murder. What a clever film!
Vertigo, scheduled for August 23rd, will be the last film in this summer series. If you plan to attend, I’d like to offer a few tips:
- Sign up for Sōsh. You need to be a registered member to get on the guest list.
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early — you’ll want to grab a glass of free champagne before it runs out.
- Head to the balcony — it’s eye-level with the projector. Most people will find seats located on the first level, but will then need to crane their necks back to watch the film. The stairs to the balcony are located to the far-right of the bar, along the deck overlooking Geary St. It’s likely to be a bit more windy up top, so bring a blanket.
- Sōsh provides a free drink ticket for one hot beverage during the evening. This creates a long line of thirsty participants waiting to get to the bar. Instead of waiting in line, arrive early, enjoy the champagne, find the perfect seat, and then, mid-way through the movie, when the line has died-down, visit the bar to get your free drink. Besides, the warm drink will taste better as the evening gets later and the night gets colder.
- Politely decline the use of the headset offered to you. While I’m sure you will experience a better and more intimate sound quality with the use of the headset, at the end of the show, you will need to wait in line with the 300 other individuals who also need to return the headset in order to retrieve a driver’s licence, which was required as collateral in exchange for use of the headset. This was by far the longest line of the evening.
I hope to see you on August 23rd for the showing of Vertigo.